A new Conservative government would repeal the Trudeau tax increases and reduce red tape. The government should not stand in the way and make life more difficult for those trying to make a living and grow their business.
Not only are small businesses victim to the Trudeau government’s tax hikes, small businesses across the country are also struggling under a massive regulatory burden. Justin Trudeau has imposed more than 4,300 job-killing, growth-choking federal regulations on Canadian business since 2015.
A new Conservative government will take several measures to support our small businesses:
- Repeal Trudeau’s tax increases on small business investments
- Exempt spouses from Trudeau’s tax increases on small business dividends
- Make it easier to navigate Canada’s tax system and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Reduce federal regulations by 25 per cent
- Implement a 2-for-1 rule for new regulations
- Assign a Minister reporting directly to the Prime Minister to lead red tape reduction efforts
- Mandate ministers and regulators to support innovation, economic growth, and global competitiveness
- Champion Canada’s small businesses to the world